Vetrotex fiberglass products are used in many industrial applications because they add strength, have low thermal conductivity, are naturally fire resistant, do not elongate, or shrink, do not conduct electricity and do not decay.
- Asphalt and bitumen roofing since fiberglass does not stretch during application; improves productivity during installation and helps to ensure an excellent waterproof finish.
- Roads and pavement since fiberglass decreases pavement maintenance by reducing the effects of reflective cracking caused by traffic loading, and temperature cycling.
- Insulation blankets for the ship/marine industry and gas/steam turbines, where they provide thermal and acoustic protection and are mildew and decay resistant, which makes them superior vapor barriers
- Fire and welding blankets and fire-resistant protective clothing
- Packaging such as multi-wall bag reinforcements, food and agricultural packaging where fiberglass provides high tensile strength and improved tear resistance.
- Various filtration products, including woven filters
- HEPA filters, used in clean rooms and hospitals, are made from chopped fiberglass
*Vetrotex supplies to textile producers, who sell to this market.