Fiberglass yarns are used in automotive applications for their tensile strength, temperature resistance and dimensional stability.
- Impregnated glass cords are used in the reinforcement of rubber drive belts in automotive applications
- Treated glass cords are used in the reinforcement of rubber and thermoplastic extruded profiles in automotive applications
- Aluminum foil-backed woven or braided tubes using Vetrotex fiberglass yarns protect wiring harnesses and tubing from heat and abrasion
- Clutch discs and brake pads are reinforced with woven fiberglass to maintain the integrity of the composite in a hot and abrasive environment
- Headliners and automotive insulation are other important components of the modern automobile
*Vetrotex supplies to textile producers, who sell to this market.